Collection and Usage of Your Personal Information
Device Information:We collect device-related information when you access the App, including: device model, operating system and its version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information on the ways the device interacts with the App. When executing a contactless payments via the App for the first-time, you will be required to open and use your Mobile Device’s camera and control flashlight in order to scan your physical cards.
Transaction Information:When making payments through the App, we collect information on the time and location of the transaction, the personal details of the beneficiary (name, card number, phone number), the payment’s currency and amount, and information about the Mobile Device used to complete the transaction, a description of which is also kept in our records.
Wi-Fi Information:The WIFI connection permission is used to check for internet availability, which is required for downloading the App from Google Store and for the card digitization process.
Full Network Access and View Network Connections:These permissions allow you to send requests and get responses through any network or through the phone’s data connection and to check for internet availability.
Near Field Communication (NFC):The button NFC is enabled in order to allow your Android device to make purchases at merchants that have NFC support.
The above information collected by the App will be strictly used internally in Creditbank and will not be disclosed to any third party except to (i) Creditbank’s cards management company (if and when required), noting that the said company committed itself to adhering to Lebanese Banking Secrecy law, (ii) any party Creditbank may deem appropriate regarding matters related to the App or to any transaction executed through the App, and/or (iii) any other competent authority or involved party in case of fraudulent use of the App.
Based on HCE technology, card digitization and tokenization, the App offers a secure platform that supports digital contactless face to face payment transactions using the Digitized Card at Creditbank Pay Merchant, as follows:
- HCE, which stands for Host-Card Emulation, enables to store all the data needed to make a transaction in a remote and hosted cloud environment rather than inside the mobile device.
- Card digitization is the process of virtually displaying the physical card onto a smartphone to be used for contactless payments. An activation code (the App Code), as well as a One-Time-Password (OTP) will be sent to you via SMS as an extra level of authentication. Once the App Code and the OTP entered, the card will be digitized and you will be required thereafter to enter the Card Information or to scan the physical card before executing any payment transaction.
- Tokenization is the process of replacing or encrypting the original payment credentials with a unique “digital account number” without compromising its security.
- There is no risk that you get charged accidentally at the cashier of any Creditbank Pay merchant. A POS machine is only active to receive a payment once you tap on “Pay Now”, and the Mobile Device must be held right in front of the card reader for a few seconds in order for the payment to be processed, noting that for certain amounts, transactions using the Digitized Card may require from you to enter the PIN.
- Payments are highly secure as no information is stored on the App and the transaction cannot be intercepted.
- For every login, the App requests a Touch ID or a 4-digit App Code that you can easily change in the Menu under Security Settings.